Topic Summary: Achieving the Jamaica 2030 vision and creating a new Caribbean narrative will involve the commitment of various stakeholders (the local Church, the Diaspora, the governments, the private sector and civil society) to work together.
Also we have to implement strategic solutions that address the lingering effects of the past as well as other critical issues of Jamaica and the Caribbean. Therefore, to move forward collaboratively, the Church must confront the issues of the past (such as slavery) and rebuild a relationship with the African nations, who view the Caribbean as part of their Diaspora.
Topics will include:
- The commitment of the Church to play an increasing role in addressing community and national issues
- Jamaican Diaspora Church and Christians Commitment to Jamaica and its Development
- The commitment of Jamaica to her own nation.
- The commitment of the Caribbean Diaspora to the region
- The commitment of Africa and Christians from Africa to the region
- The Impact of Slavery in the region and the solutions to its Effects
- An African Apology